1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Let Me Clean That For You"

Discussion in 'Everyday Annoyances, Annoyers, And Manipulators' started by Jennifer, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Jennifer

Jennifer Participant

Where I live now I can't own any guns. (I had two semiautomatics when I lived in the US.) So, with the deteriorating security situation over here, I decided to buy a knife. I may never get to use it, but if someone wants to attack me and sees the knife, they may want to leave in favor of an easier target. Although I made up my mind to use it in anger if I absolutely had to.

I went to this store and wound up buying a fighting knife, a practice knife, and a tube of pepper spray (all legal here). No, I'm not Mrs. Rambo or anything, but I do want to be prepared. After paying for my purchases, the salesguy takes the good knife into the back saying he's going to clean it for me. About 10 minutes later he comes out and returns it. Later I realize he ground off the sharp edge that makes it a fighting knife because he was afraid I'll hurt myself with it. Now it's a butter knife!

This will probably end up in court. Meanwhile, I just sent a letter with return receipt requested demanding replacement or refund.

Arrgh!

JF

2. Jennifer

Jennifer Participant

I went back there and demanded a replacement -- but they just said it was a sharp, new knife and there was nothing wrong with it. But my BF showed me how to test it -- and he definitely said it was not sharp. So he called them, and to make a long story short, they're going to replace it. I'm certain they did desharpen it, not figuring they'd get caught. So what they will probably do it take it back, resharpen it (although it's impossible to put a like-new edge back on it again) and sell it to the first person dumb enough to not realize they're buying damaged goods.

My BF and I are going to go back there together next week.

JF

3. Jennifer

Jennifer Participant

Yesterday, I was finally able to exchange the knife for a sharper one. Once I selected it, I dumped it in my purse before anyone could offer to clean it.

The new one has a slightly shorter blade, was nearly twice as expensive as the old one (and I had to pay the difference), but it's much sharper and has a better handle. It's a switchblade and has a clip on the side (like a pen) so I can hang in it my purse in a specific spot, not have to go rummaging for it when I need it, and get it ready for action quickly.

Also yesterday, in the evening when I was crossing the street, there were four men, in their late 20's and very muscular, crossing the street the other way. They were loud and boisterous and made me feel a bit afraid. I discreetly got out my new toy and held it in my hand. I didn't have to do anything with it, and hope I never will, but I felt safe.

Now I have to find a place where I can be trained how to use it properly.

JF

4. Lonely Cat

Lonely Cat Moderator Moderator

5. dongbei

dongbei Aspirant

ray ban sunglasses ray ban outlet coach outlet store the north face Jackets Michael Kors Outlet Store Online Coach Outlet Online north face outlet Coach Outlet Online Store kate spade outlet store coach outlet store Coach Outlet Store Michael Kors Outlet Store polo ralph lauren Polo Outlet adidas yeezy boost 750Red Bottom Shoes adidas nmd runner Cheap Christian Louboutin cheap true religion outlet true religion jeans Pandora Bracelet Salvatore Ferragamo Shoes The North Face Outlet Polo Ralph Lauren Kate spade outlet online Ray Ban outlet Kate Spade Outlet Store Tory Burch Outlet Coach Outlet Ray Ban Outlet StoreCoach Outlet Oakley Sunglasses Coach Bags Outlet Moncler sale Fitflop Sandals Prada Outlet Coach Factory Outlet Store Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Tory Burch Ray Ban Outlet Store cheap oakley outlet The North Face Outlet Burberry Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online Polo Ralph Lauren longchamp bags Swarovski Jewelry Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Timberland Outlet longchamp Ray Ban Sunglasses Jordan Shoes Timberland Boots Kate Spade Handbags Outlet Oakley Sunglasses Cheap Jordans Michael Kors Outlet Store Pandora Charms Ray Ban Sunglasses Salomon Shoes Outlet Nike Outlet Converse Outlet Adidas Yeezy Shoes Tommy Hilfiger Polos New Balance Cheap Asics Shoes Coach Factory Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Stores Coach Factory Outlet Michael Kor Outlet Online Michael Kors Factory Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Store Online Michael Kors Outlet michael kors outlet online Coach Outlet online Michael Kors Handbags Coach Handbags Outlet Michael Kors US nike air max cheap nike shoes air jordan shoes cheap air Jordan tory burch outlet stores Giuseppe Zanotti ShoesPolo Ralph Lauren Shirts Ralph Lauren Outlet Coach Outlet Store Coach Handbags Outlet Cheap Oakley Christian Louboutin Outlet Polo Ralph Lauren Ray Ban Sunglasses Coach Outlet Cheap nba jerseys ray ban eyeglasses cheap jerseys baseball oakley sunglasses Michael Kors Handbags Ray-Ban Sunglasses Outletmichael kors bags oakley sunglasses Coach Factory Outlet Online Michael Kors Handbags sac longchamp pliage mont blanc chaussures louboutin Fitflops Sale Clearance coach outlet online longchamp coach outlet store online Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet true religion outlet store Ed Hardy Outlet Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Under Armour Outlet Online Cheap Jordans 11 Christian Louboutin Outlet Nike Outlet coach outlet online Michael Kors Handbags tory burch shoes oakley sunglasses oakley outlet adidas yeezy boost 350 v2 adidas nmd true religion jordan shoes 11 cheap jordan shoes oakley sunglasses vans shoes Coach Outlet Store nike outlet store uggs outlet Ugg Australia pandora jewelry charms Air Max 90 Coach outlet Kate Spade montblanc pen Prada Handbags Salomon Outlet Moncler Jacket Outlet Mont blanc Pens Moncler Outlet